Here's me at about 36 weeks. Sorry the picture isn't that great, but oh well. Today I had my 36 week sonogram to check and see how the baby is doing and to see how big he is at this point. It was quite a shocker. For starters, this kid is so stinking long!! I figured he didn't have much space because it has been painful as he shifts around, but he is coiled like a snake all around my belly. His feet are practically touching his head because he is a giant. On top of that, he is measuring about 7 lbs 9 oz already!!!! What the heck! Luke was 7 lbs 12 oz when he was born. So, basically I'm freaking out because I supposedly have 4 weeks left, but I'm measuring to be due next week. Thankfully, I've started dilating so the plan is that if I haven't had the baby by 38 weeks, I'm going to be induced. I really don't want to have a 10 lb baby.I'm not entirely sure why this kid is so huge because I haven't consistently gained weight. I'm just barely passing the 20 pound mark and I had gained over 30 pounds at the end with Luke. I suppose it could be due to the gestational diabetes, but I'm not completely sure how all of that comes into play.
Anyway, I'm pretty excited at the thought of having this new little guy in our family so soon. I haven't had a miserable pregnancy or really been that uncomfortable, but I'm just anxious to meet him. I'm not anxious for sleepless nights and figuring out how to deal with 2 kids at once, but that's what I got myself into. It'll be great!
I'll keep you posted.
9 comments:
Wowza, that would be a big baby! I hope for your sake that things happen soon! I didn't realize you had gestational diabetes. Did you with Luke too? Good luck with everything! And do let me know what's going on :)
I didn't have gestational diabetes with Luke. It was a new thing. So, I have to poke my finger 4 times a day to check my blood sugar. Thankfully, nothing has been out of control, so I haven't been on any medication or anything.
Pshaw, I was 10 and a half pounds, and my mom says it was a blast to deliver me! Though, it was a C-section...
Oh I'm sorry your pregnancy has not been the best - but happy that you will get to meet your little guy soon! How fun! We are moving to Lubbock Texas in a month - I have no idea how far away that is from you or not - but how are you liking Texas? Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! :) I hope the labor goes well. And you look great - your belly is so small for being 36 weeks!
Oh boy...4 weeks! You are looking great and I can't wait to see what a handsome little boy he is going to be! Good luck and I'll look forward to hearing more...
As one who has had a nearly 10 pound baby...it won't kill you, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it, if you can avoid it. :) I'm excited to hear more updates!
i thought your blog was private and didn't think i was on your reader list, but then i checked and i got in--so i love birth stories and i'm excited to hear yours! hope you're doing well.
I think this isn't the latest baby news any more. Time for an update and some pictures! You aren't busy at all, right?
Okay, so I finally got it posted. Hopefully, I can post more pictures soon.
Post a Comment