Thursday, October 28, 2010

Luke is TWO!!!




My sweet little boy turned 2 a couple of weeks ago. We had a great little birthday with Mor Mor (Mark's mom) who came to visit us. Luke got a few presents and enjoyed blowing out the candle on his cake so much that we re-lit it 4 times. I'll post a video when I download the videos from our other camera. Here is one of his presents.

The "LUKE" train from Mor Mor



Luke also got a trike for his birthday and he is in love. He rides it around the house all day and he loves to ride it in the alley and on the sidewalk. He especially enjoys speeding down hills on it! That freaks me out just a bit, but he always manages to stop himself just before flying off the curb.

Luke also had his 2 year check-up while Mor Mor was here. He is now 36.5 inches tall (92nd percentile), 34 lbs (95th percentile) and his head is also in the 92nd percentile. Still proportionate and healthy.

He is growing in other ways too. He really loves his alphabet and knows all of the letters. He loves pointing different letters out wherever we may be. He is also talking a lot. There are plenty of things we don't understand, but his vocabulary is expanding quickly. I am amazed everyday at how much he understands. For instance, the other night he was playing with 3 different sized pot lids and he was babbling at them. I went and asked him what he was doing. He proceeded to point at the lids to tell me that the smallest lid was the baby, the medium lid was MaMa, and the biggest was DaDa. I was pretty impressed to see how he relates different things in his surroundings. He is changing and learning so much it's hard to believe sometimes.

Luke's personality keeps blossoming. He's always been extremely social, but he's also becoming a little tease. He likes to pick up bugs and bring them to me just to see my reaction. Then he totally cracks up and goes running back to find more. He can be pretty silly, but I love it!



I'm so glad that we have Luke in our family. He is such a happy little guy and provides many fun and crazy adventures!

I love you LUKE!

2 comments:

Danielle and Trenton said...

Oh my gosh, he is so cute! I can't believe how big he is, and very smart! Go Luke! You must have great parents. I had to laugh at his stats, only because we just took Eden in and she was in the 10th percentile for everything. :) She's still only 23 pounds, but size doesn't determine everything!

Sara Waldron said...

What a cutie. I'm glad to get an update since I never see you. I also can't relate to the stats- Christopher is in the 2nd percentile for height and weight. Glad you guys are doing well!