Well, it's been a month since the last post, so I figure I should write again. But I'm not going to write about Valentine's Day or all the crazy snow we've been getting. I'm going to write about a goal I made last week. Suzanna and I bought an exercise bike at the end of last year (I think it was in November), and I was determined to ride it often to "stay in shape" during the winter months. Unfortunately, I wasn't in shape to begin with, and I had a hard time trying to figure out how to fit a daily workout into my schedule. I rode it a few times in November and December and got used to the hard seat. In January I was sick for a couple weeks but vowed to ride again once I was feeling better. Finally, at the end of January I started to ride again, but instead of riding only 15 or 20 minutes, I tried to ride for 30 minutes. What a workout! I kept track of the time I spent on the bike, how "far" I had traveled, and how many calories I burned. After about a week I decided that if I was going to keep up and consistently ride, then I'd better make a goal.
Here's a picture of Suzanna riding our bike.
7 comments:
It looks like Suzanna is sitting on a chucks. I put those underneath my patients in the hospital in case they have an accident. I bet that when you put it on an exercise bike it catches the sweat from your bum instead of the urine like in the hospital.
What a great goal Mark! Keep us updated! :) Good luck!
Wow it looks like Suzanna LOVES the bike.
Mark you and your numbers... you should be an actuary.
Hahaha... you guys are funny. Sorry we don't update more often, but thanks for still checking our blog! Suzanna wasn't happy that I took that picture of her, and she doesn't like the picture. But she does like the bike. She put a towel on the seat to act as a cushion because the seat is pretty uncomfortable.
Thanks for updating! That's a really good goal. Charles wants a rowing machine, now.
Suzanna looks thrilled.
Keep us posted on your mileage. Now THAT's something to blog about!!!
I think that towel probably really help to cushion the seat. I've sat on those things before. Two words: not comfortable
How are those 1,000 miles coming?
Post a Comment