1- It was fifteen years ago this week (first week of July in 1993) when the Ogdens first arrived here in Provo on grandview hill. I remember Mom telling me that there was a girl my age who would be in my third grade class. I thought it would be fun to have somebody else my age in my class. Her name was Suzanna and she was from California. She had already finished third grade but because of the birthday cut-off, she would have to retake third grade here in Utah. Thank Heavens she did!
2- It was six years ago this week when that same girl, Suzanna, and I went down to University Avenue in Provo somewhere between 600 and 700 North and camped on the west side of the street on the night of the 3rd of July for a good parade spot. That night we kissed for the first time, and I knew I was with a pretty special girl!
3- It was four years ago today when I had to leave that special girl to go to the MTC, where I would spend the next 2 1/2 months learning Estonian before going to Estonia for the next 22 months. It was a strange day, but I was happy and confident that I was doing what was right and that everything would work out well.
4- Everything did work out well because this week on the 3rd of July, we'll celebrate 1 1/2 years of being married! Everything worked out wonderfully, and we're so excited to be expecting a son in October!

This week is a special week for us, and I want Suzanna to know how much I love her. I'm so grateful that everything worked out as well as it did! You know, we really do have a lot in common, and I'm so happy to share every day with you! (Sorry to everybody else for the sappiness...)
6 comments:
I was just telling one of my coworkers about your MTC experience; unique, perhaps, in all the years the MTC has been around.
I mean, to be the only elder in a district... that's different, dude.
Hooray!
And way to post something on your blog!
Ahhhh.... Every day could mark some sort of anniversary for you. Hope this week of 2008 is blissful for you!
yay for celebrating all the time.
Very cute :)
aww. So glad you posted something new! I was getting really sick of "my name seems to be original" every time I checked your blog. You guys are cute.
Post a Comment