I spent the last 11 1/2 months of my mission in a little sea-side town called Parnu. I was in the same area the whole time (on the north side of the river where there were probably only 15,000-20,000 people total), so I got to see an entire year of Estonian weather!
Here are the pictures:

March 30, 2006: The Parnu river was just about completely melted, but you can still see the curvy lines from the Independence Day (24 Feb) moto-rally on the ice! It was a crazy day when we woke up and looked out our window to see hundreds of people gathered on the banks of the river to watch motorcycles, four-wheelers, and little kids on little bikes race around on the ice. It was pretty cool!

June 20, 2006: Isn't this picturesque? I took this picture because to me, this is what a mission should look like: long road, beautiful blue sky, a few little houses on the side.

June 24, 2006: "Koertega Supelrannas Viibimine Keelatud" Literally, this says, "With Dogs On The Beach Hanging Out Forbidden." In other words, no dogs on the beach, please. I took this picture the day we baptized Silvia in the Baltic Sea. It was beautiful weather with the kind of clouds John Constable might liked to have painted.
5 comments:
I have been to Parnu for a spa weekend. It's way cheaper than in Finland:)
If only you hadn't had that one botch companion during your winter there, it would have been perfect :)
MARK! Have you even TRIED chocolate covered cinnamon bears??
Um, is Susu pregnant? because that timer is way off, otherwise.
Thanks for noticing, Molly! We realized that it started over at the end of January, so we decided to leave it there until somebody noticed and asked about Suzanna being pregnant again. She's not yet, just to clear up any confusion.
Post a Comment