Late night laughter after the Circus
The last few weeks I have been substituting as the primary pianist and last week I was given the calling to be the new primary pianist. It has been fun, but I will miss not being able to go to Relief Society because I have to play the last 2 hours of church. Mark has been enjoying only having 3 classes this semester and is looking forward to graduating in April. He has been applying to jobs all over the country so we'll let you know where we end up. He is having fun being an assistant in the deacons quorum, although they have the attention span of 2 year olds. That usually makes for some interesting and sometimes frustrating lessons.
As for little Luke he is not so little anymore. Luke will be 4 months old next week and has been wearing 6-9 month clothing for the last month. He weighs over 17 lbs and is at least 26 inches long. Yesterday, we saw a 7 month old girl who is only 13 lbs and shorter than Luke. Luke looked like a giant compared to her. It was pretty crazy. I don't think of him as being a big baby until somebody else says he is or we come across older kids who are a lot smaller than he is. I suppose that's what you get with tall parents, a really tall grandpa and tall great-grandparents.
The clothes we had in the diaper bag were too small so Mor Mor (Mark's mom) got some out of her stash for Luke to wear. She said her boys were still wearing this sweatshirt when they started walking.
Unfortunately, Luke has had his share of illnesses. He had an eye infection followed by an ear infection and bad cold. Despite it all he still entertained us with his adorable smiles and giggles.
Luke happily helping me administer his antibiotic
We have enjoyed having Luke in a crib for the last month (thanks to Laurie!). He generally sleeps 6 or so hours for the first stretch and then a few more afterwards. We've had some 7-8 hour nights which have been quite a treat.
Falling asleep in Daddy's arms
Yummy toys!
We finally got some good smiles!
7 comments:
Suzanna, I love the pictures! Thanks for updating our blog. Now it's my turn. Hahaha...
Way to update! Luke is so cute and getting so big! Sounds like you're staying pretty busy.
He's adorable. Best of luck in the job search! You could look in Vegas... : )
I love seeing pictures of him. You can always come to Tucson and our little boys can be friends:)
He is so cute!!! Reading that made me so excited for our next one. I'm sorry you've had to work so much. Hopefully it will chill out. I still have my fingers crossed that you'll come to Austin!
It's been way too long (again) since I've seen him! What a cute smile.
hmmm, this post made me so sad! I can't think of you guys moving away! He's so sweet and charming, was a cutie-pie!
Post a Comment