Here is the last picture (I believe) that I have with Dad. It was taken at my graduation on Friday, April 24th, just three days before we left for Texas. The whole family was together on Mother's Day in May except for us, and we were sad that we couldn't have been there, especially after Dad passed away the next Friday, but Suzanna, Luke, and I had almost an entire week to spend with him and Mom as I graduated and we cleaned our apartment and packed in preparation for the move to Texas. We had a lot of fun that week, and I'm glad that we made a lot of good memories. I'm grateful that his health was so good for the last few months and that there weren't any more hospital stays for him.
I love this picture; my dad and son together the day Luke was born. I've thought a lot about both of them and our relationships today as we honor our fathers. I am very grateful for both of them because they have both had a profound influence in my life, and I am very thankful for the sealing power of the Priesthood which allows us to be a family for eternity.
Since I can't call Dad today to wish him a happy Father's Day and express my love to him, I thought I'd post these pictures and express my appreciation to him through the blog. I think about him often, as so many every-day things remind me of him. I hope that I can be a dad to Luke like my Dad was to me. I always felt comfortable around him, and I will always cherish the countless memories I have of him. I know we'll see him again someday, and that day will be relatively soon when considering the 'big picture.'
Dad, I miss you a lot already, but I know you are well and happy where you are. I love you! Happy Father's Day!
3 comments:
Mark you made me cry. Fathers are such a wonderful part of life. We are so blessed to know that families are forever. We love and miss you guys!
Now we need some updates on what is going on in Texas!!
It was strange on Sunday, to think that it was the first fathers day without dad. Good pictures though.
Strange really is the way to describe the way I feel about it all right now. Strange, and probably a little bit of disbelief. I can't really fathom it now that we are removed from that first week and the funeral by a month.
Thanks for posting the pictures. There are definitely too few of Dad around, since he was usually the one pointing the camera.
Post a Comment