An online journal of the little moments that we don't want to let slip through the cracks!
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Our New Home
Hello blogging world. Remember us? The Holdaways? Well, we're back. No time for lenghty, wordy updates. Ya'll can see from the pictures that we've bought a new home in Allen, TX, and we've been busy our first week here re-painting the master bedroom. We also decided to put up chair rail (the trim that goes along the wall at about 3 feet) for decorative purposes. Here are some before, during, and after pictures. Enjoy!
The walls were a pale green before, and they had splotches all over. We decided to go with "Quiet Veranda" a muted yellow hue.
Notice the splotches above.
After we got the paint on the wall, we saw that it was too yellow and we hated it, so we decided to do a two-tone mix of blue and creamy brown with a chair rail. The above picture shows the first coat of blue while the yellow (our first choice) remains above.
Here's how it turned out with the chair rail and two-tone paint. We like it a lot.
A close up of my handy work. I'm not very handy, but I think we did all right. The caulk isn't perfect, I know, but it does look okay for beginners!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
You guys did a great job. The room looks very nice. So sad to miss you while we were in Utah. I hope all is well for your family. xox
Hey Y'all! The place looks great. I have to say I'm jealous, but in a good way. I was a little worried as I was scrolling down and I saw the blue in the pictures, but I really like the way it all comes together with the darker furniture. Nice job!
Beautiful home!!! Hopefully one day we can come and visit Allen, Texas:)
You guys are expecting again!? That's awesome congratulations!
I like the new addition to the side of your blog! I haven't checked it in a while...how long has that been up?
Ditto to Natalie's comment. How exciting!
I just put the ticker up last week when we started telling our families. We'll find out Tuesday what we're having!
Sneaky way to announce baby boy 2! Sorry if I'm just slow. CONGRATS!!!!
Ok, time to update the blog Suzi. Hope you're doing well (and still alive).
Post a Comment