Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A glimpse of what we're up to

I realize that yet again it has been months since you have heard from us. Honestly, I doubt I will ever become a very consistent blogger, but I'll try to give you a glimpse into our lives every so often. So, where do I start.....

Well, as all of you know we purchased a house here in Texas. Moving, unpacking, painting, decorating, and learning all the things there are to know about being a homeowner has been a lot of fun, but time consuming and a bit overwhelming. I have a long list of projects in mind to personalize our home and make it all comfy cozy, but it may take until the end of the year before all of my ideas have been executed. Overall, owning a home has been a great experience so far and has been a lot of fun! We've been making new friends, serving in new callings, enjoying beautiful weather, grilling, playing in the backyard, visiting Home Depot and preparing ourselves for a new addition to our family! Needless to say, we have been very busy, but we have been thoroughly enjoying ourselves.

Mark has been working very hard at Blue Cross and has been trying to study for his next exam on May 12th. So far he's passed all of his previous exams so we are hoping that he will continue to pass and continue progressing as an actuary. He's loved having a driveway to wash cars in, a grill to make tasty meals on and yard to mow. It adds a little more variety to life and I think takes him back to being at home and doing all of those things his dad taught him.

I have been going to a lot of playgroups, book clubs, and other activities to make some friends and provide opportunities for Luke to interact with other kids. I have also been readjusting to life as a pregnant woman, but this time with a very active 18 month old. I'm due at the beginning of August, which at times seems like forever away, but really it will be here soon. After my next visit I start my 2 week appointments and then weekly appointments and then comes baby. I have a feeling that this little boy may end up bigger than Luke. While Luke wasn't a large baby, he's certainly made up for it and continues to be at the top of the charts for height and weight. I may end up with some giant boys someday.

Now for Lukey. Luke is as rambunctious as ever and extremely social. He loves interacting with anyone and isn't afraid to approach people and try to talk to them. It is so fun to see how he can get people to smile. One thing that you can't deny about Luke is that he is a boy through and through. At any given moment he has a car or train in both hands and he is constantly creating his own tracks to drive on. He loves to get dirty and play, play, play. He especially loves rough housing with his daddy.

Despite being all boy he does have his sensitive side. He is extremely sweet and many times we have difficulty putting him to bed because he's so darn cute. We'll get him all ready for bed and take him in to say goodnight and he goes very willingly. We say goodnight to him and he gives us kisses and holds his hand out for us to kiss and then he waves goodbye to us. It's just so sweet. He's always been pretty sensitive, but now more than ever he'll give us hugs and kisses at random or just want to cuddle all the while scratching our back or stroking our arms or face while we hold him. And of course he always pulls his adorable smile out which helps to get him out of trouble quite often.

Daily I am amazed at how quickly Luke has changed and all of the things that he is learning. He can say quite a few words and all the signing I tried to teach him months and months ago, that I thought he wasn't getting, he's started using to my surprise. Life is so much easier when he can communicate properly with me. Anyway, I enjoy little Luke and I can't wait to see how our two little boys will get along.

Sorry I don't have pictures, but I'll post some when they get downloaded.

No comments: