Wednesday, November 2, 2011

If only they knew...

November 2, 2011

Nothing too special or noticeable so far. Just looks like I haven't shaved in a couple days, which, by the way, I haven't.

For the past week and a half at work, employees have been asked to get a new picture taken for their badge as well as to go on the intranet's Org Chart. A few guys in the actuarial department decided it would be fun to grow mustaches in honor of the event. Little did they realize that these pictures would also be attached to every e-mail they send using their company address when viewed in the new version of Microsoft Outlook we are all supposed to be receiving shortly. Therefore, for the next who-knows-how-many years (some people have had their original picture for over a decade), these guys are going to have to put up with THAT in their picture.

As a note, I didn't have to have my picture retaken because I'm a recent hire. I already have the new badge style and my photo was transferred since it is still an appropriate likeness of myself.

Well, I've got to download better webcam software. I've been taking these pictures through Skype, and I just don't think that's a very efficient way to do it. Every time I save a new picture, it automatically updates my Skype profile picture as well...

No comments: