Sunday, July 6, 2014

Lincoln Logs and He-Man

The last couple times we've come back to Utah, the boys have been very interested in playing with the Lincoln Logs that Dad gave me for Christmas when I was probably about ten years old. I haven't been able to find the original fort-building instructions that came with the Lincoln Log sets, but I still remember enough to get by.

Before starting to build anything, Dad would create a "lumber yard" with all the different kinds of logs in their own piles. Luke, Logan, and I do the same, but I laugh because Logan calls it a "junk yard" instead of lumber yard. The fort we built today used every roofing piece and all the two- and three-length log pieces. I connected them all into one big fort as well.

Seven-building fort
Yesterday Mom took Luke with her for a few hours to do some errands and ended up at David's for a bit. While there, he mentioned to Mom that she should get his He-Man toys out to see if the boys would be interested in playing with them. Oh man, when she did pull them out today, their eyes got wide and they eagerly dug through the box, looking at all the different characters.

Of course, it wasn't long before they decided to take the He-Man guys and start attacking the Lincoln Log fort. Here are a few more pictures of them playing with the He-Man toys. Even Emmelise got interested!

Starting to destroy the fort!
The siege continues!
Emmie getting in on the action!
Luke admiring the two-headed He-Man character
Thanks to David for the suggestion and letting the kids play with his toys. Good times!

msh

1 comment:

Saralyn said...

Sounds like you're having fun in Utah. I'm jealous!