Hey Suzanna! Didn't know you had this as well=) These signs remind me of Jay Leno late night show and how he teases all these signs that are mispelt..it's pretty funny. hows the pregnancy going?
The signs are probably from England. They use "maths" instead of "math" there, and it kinda makes sense, since it is short for mathematics after all. The verb "hot" is new to me, though, but according dictionary.com says hot can be a verb: "Chiefly British Informal. to heat; warm (usually fol. by up)." Weird.
Smith, I should have expected that you would be the one to clarify it! Hahaha, when I took the pictures I took the time to read what it said on those posters, and I learned that they say, "maths" in England. But I thought it would be a good post anyway. Thanks for reading!
6 comments:
Hey Suzanna! Didn't know you had this as well=) These signs remind me of Jay Leno late night show and how he teases all these signs that are mispelt..it's pretty funny. hows the pregnancy going?
Maths isn't really a strong point for Englishians, either.
The signs are probably from England. They use "maths" instead of "math" there, and it kinda makes sense, since it is short for mathematics after all. The verb "hot" is new to me, though, but according dictionary.com says hot can be a verb: "Chiefly British Informal. to heat; warm (usually fol. by up)." Weird.
Smith, I should have expected that you would be the one to clarify it! Hahaha, when I took the pictures I took the time to read what it said on those posters, and I learned that they say, "maths" in England. But I thought it would be a good post anyway. Thanks for reading!
Brits, what will they think of next? Thanks for posting funny stuff Mark, and Happy Birthday tomorrow!
That's the way, brother. I'm impressed.
Post a Comment