Sunday, September 7, 2008

Summer Hikes!

So this summer I went on a variety of hikes around the Provo area. I took the camera with me for some of the hikes and took some nice pictures. Here's a sample of what I saw this summer...


Here I am at the top of the "Y." I hiked this one a couple of different times this summer and started from Rock Canyon once.


I've now hiked Squaw Peak three times this summer, the last time being yesterday morning. The view of the valley is so different from the view from the "Y." The temple and stadium both look pretty cool from here. It would be fun to watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks from here some year.


This is a snowball in June! We hiked up from South Fork (up Provo Canyon) to what's called "Cascade Saddle." We could have descended into Rock Canyon from here, but there was too much snow still. It would have been kind of dangerous.


This is at the top of "Cascade Saddle." You can see the Provo valley in the background.


Of course, the longest hike was Timp, however it wasn't too much longer than the Cascade Saddle hike. Standing up here is really like standing on top of the world.


Here is the Timp hiking group this year. Pictured are: Mike Downs, Me, Justin and Anna Marie Jensen, and Austin Smith.

2 comments:

Jack said...

Mark, you rock! Way to hike so much. Sorry I couldn't join you for Timp, but glad you had a good group. Maybe next year I'll go with you.

Holdinator said...

Oh dude, imagine watching a BYU game from Squaw Peak. That'd be awesome!!