Thursday, October 30, 2008

Getting bigger (and cuter, too!)

We gave him a real bath the other day now that the chord fell off.

Suzanna took Luke to the doctor's office yesterday, and we found out that he's grown another 1/2 inch in height, and he's gained back all the weight he lost and then another pound! He weighs 8 lbs. 14 oz. now, and he's getting a little chubbier in the face. He's so cute! He hasn't let us sleep much, especially last night when he had us up every hour until 4:00 a.m. when he finally fell into a decent 3 hour (or so) sleep.

Look at his cute face. He's getting chubbier!

Suzanna thinks it's so funny that any time she tries to burp Luke, he won't do it, but as soon as I take him, it takes only 10 seconds or so until he lets out a nice belch! That happened twice today, already. How funny... maybe it's just the way I hold him.

I must have the special touch.

I wanted to make a nice dinner for Suzanna on Sunday, so I got a recipe from Laurie for a Fresh Mex dinner. It included lime-cilantro rice, chicken in a spicy tomato sauce in the crock-pot, a cilantro-tomatillo-chile-ranch sauce, and my homemade tortillas. It turned out really well, and we had a huge dinner on Sunday and leftovers that lasted until Wednesday!

Too bad you can't taste the picture!

7 comments:

100K Miles...and then some said...

Nice to know that you have the touch. Dinner looked good.

Eevi said...

you should post the recipe for that delicious dinner!

SMT Family said...

1st--Luke is absolutely adorable
2nd--I am glad that the adjustments are going smoothly.
3rd--I agree with Eevi. That looked wonderful and I bet Suzanna loved it.

Natalie said...

Thanks for the update! Cute baby :)

Laurie said...

Oh I can taste it! Inspired by you I made that same dinner on Monday. Usually we have plenty of leftovers, but everyone must have been very hungry because there wasn't much left.

What a cute Lukey. (Is it ok to call him Lukey?) I wonder if I still have my book on infant massage. It had some good instructions for helping them work out the bubbles. Sounds like you've got the knack though.

Saralyn said...

Oh man, I wish I were there to hold that kid! He's so cute!

Laurie said...

Now that you've gone private you won't show up in the reader anymore!