Monday, August 11, 2008

New Poll

Yay! The Internet is working again at our apartment complex! It was out for over a week, which really interrupted my nice blogging streak. But now we've got water troubles. The water was off for two days last week, and when it finally came back on, it was just the cold water. Cold showers are terribly unfun. I actually had to go outside afterwards to warm up. Crazy.
This week we have the pleasure of moving again. But at least it will be a nice, temperature-controlled two bedroom apartment closer to the office. It is a nice little place (and I mean to emphasize the fact that it's little) on 1200 West in Orem just north of UVU. I should be able to ride the bus to BYU in the fall to save a little gas money.
I've started a new poll for everybody: I want you to vote on your three favorite burgers from the list I gave and then tell me what they are (in order) as a comment on this post. I'm interested in knowing what people generally like and why. At the end of this poll, I'll go and buy the winning burger for myself. Can you tell I get hungry looking at my last post?

10 comments:

austin said...

1. Fuddrucker's 2/3 pound burger - it's huge and high quality, plus you get to put exactly how much of all the fresh toppings you want.

2. Carl's Jr. Six Dollar Burger - as long as you get the Guacamole Six Dollar Burger. What can I say, I love guacamole.

3. Double whopper - I don't know why, but I've always liked Burger King's burgers a lot. If you are feeling adventurous, I just tried an Indy Whopper that has pepperjack cheese, bacon, and some kind of spicy mayo. I like the regular double whopper better, but it was a fun alternative to try too.

Mark said...

Good choices, Austin. Any burger sounds good right now...

Tane and Angela said...

it's hard to vote on hamburgers when we don't get half of those fast foods in hawaii..stinks..but on the other hand, don't you like cold showers? that's all i take now especially in the summer...i'm always hot and being pregnant it seems as if you get hotter faster=) anyways, hows the pregnancy going? pretty soon huh?

Molly said...

Mark, tell me honestly... is Susu pregnant or are you? This craving is a little out of control!
My favorite burger in the whole wide world is Wendy's baconater. Not the jalapeno one, just the original. It's something special.

Holdinator said...

I had to go for the Burger Supreme one, but you left the greatest burger around off the list: Brand X's pastrami burger. Now that's good eatin'.

Mark said...

We need more votes! Brian, I've never been to Brand X, but I've heard from a couple sources that they're pretty good. Molly, no, I'm not pregnant. But I do like hamburgers... May the voting continue!

Mollie said...

HAHA Molly, you're funny. Okay so here's my burger breakdown:

1. Burger King (not necessarily the Whopper). I love their regular old cheeseburgers. They have been my favorite for years. They're melty/tangy/flame broily delicious!
2. Big Mac, no onions, extra pickles. That special sauce is just too darn good. Although McDonald's buns are sub par and Macs are messy.
3. In-n-Out. Quickly becoming a favorite now that we live in Vegas.

I think I am headed to BK now.

Laurie said...

Ohhhh...this is a hard one. How can I choose only three? And it's so hard to say which is best! I did vote though.

Flame broiled is always tempting. Love those self-made gas station ones.

For that reason also, Burger King makes the list.

And I do go for a good In & Out.

But Fudruckers always tempts me.

Next time you're up this way let's go the Five Guys Burgers & Fries. I've heard it's excellent!

Mark said...

Burger King is in the lead now... all this talk about burgers is making me hungry! Well, not actually; we ate pizza for dinner, and I'm still feeling pretty stuffed. I wasn't in the mood for pizza, but we had a great starving student card discount, and since we're packing up to move, we decided to dinner the easy way tonight...

Laurie said...

update: Five Guys makes a REALLY good burger! Highly recommended.