Wednesday, September 18, 2013

ALDP Graduation

Today I went up to Seattle again for my final ALDP session, which was technically 'graduation' and included presentations by each of the participants on the books/topics covered in the course. I got to present on Topgrading, a book which details a methodology of hiring, coaching, and retaining 'A' players (top 10% of people available for a given position). It's an interesting topic, and we had a lot of thought provoking questions after our presentation ended, but I think everything went pretty well and I got good feedback when all was said and done.


The lunch that they served after the session ended was really good too! We had some sort of Asian fusion cuisine, including yakisoba chicken and noodles, rice and a vegetable stirfry. Of course there was an oriental salad and fortune cookies (at my request).

I should have taken a picture of the tasty spread!

Suzanna went to scouts for the first time today as part of her new calling as a Webelos den leader. I haven't heard too much from her about it yet, but I think she said that it went pretty well. I hope she enjoys her new calling!

msh

No comments: