So Suzanna brought home a really neat surprise for Luke from Utah. Mormor made a couple of capes for the boys in red and blue with big "L"s on the back. Logan had already seen his in Utah, but Luke didn't know about it until Suzanna surprised him this afternoon after church. He was really excited when he saw it, and for the rest of the evening, it seems, the boys were playing "super hero" and zooming around the house.
Here are a few pictures (posed and not) of them playing. There was one point when they were both sitting on the same chair across the room from me, and unfortunately I didn't have my phone because it would have been a perfect picture! I realized at that moment, as I watched them playing together so nicely, pretending to be super heroes without a thought or other care in the world, that this season of life will probably be really brief, and I'm glad that I'm around to see it and be a part of the boys' childhood. I sometimes wish I could push a big PAUSE button and be able to come back at any point in the future to this moment to re-live what I'm experiencing now because sometime down the road, I will want to go back and remember exactly what it was like when the boys were young.
| Superhero Luke, with a red cape |
| Superhero Logan, with a blue cape |
On a totally different topic, I got to enjoy some Dominos tonight. A Domino is a little chocolate and vanilla sandwich cookie, not unlike an Oreo, from Finland. These became a weekly P-day-eve treat on my mission. It seems that on most Tuesday nights I would buy a little sleeve of these guys and enjoy 10 quiet minutes, dunking my Dominos in milk just before going to bed. So it was fun tonight to enjoy them with a little milk and ice cream. Shhh, don't tell anyone, but I think I may just prefer them to Oreos. Well, sometimes.
| Thanks to Suzanna's parents for bringing these back from their recent trip to Finland! |
msh
No comments:
Post a Comment