Sunday, August 18, 2013

Blessing Dress in Retrospect

Suzanna dressed Emmelise in her blessing dress for church today. She has changed so much in the four months since we blessed her! On that day, though, I couldn't have imagined her any cuter than she was, but looking at her now compared to then, I'm convinced she actually is a bit cuter!

Emmelise on March 31st, her blessing day
Here she is today, in that same dress.

Emmelise and me this morning
And another of her, looking right up at me.

Look at those eyes! What cutie!
I wonder if this isn't something that we experience all the time in life and will experience in some way throughout eternity. Our limited capacities to understand and comprehend hold us back from seeing the potential of others and ourselves. Things always seem so clear in retrospect, and trying to envision the future is so foggy and unclear, like putting your head underwater and opening your eyes.

I wonder what the future holds for these stellar little kids we have. All the joys and smiles, trials and heartaches, and successes and accomplishments. I hope that someday in the future I will be able to look back on their childhoods and realize that my comprehension of the joy I felt because of them was so small compared to what it will be on that day in the future. Deep stuff to think about.

On another note, Suzanna put the new sheets and comforters on the boys' beds this morning. Looking pretty good if you ask me!


msh

No comments: