Saturday, August 10, 2013

Lower Falls

We headed back to the trails again today, this time determined to make it all the way to the Lower Falls. Last Saturday the boys and I stopped short because I wasn't sure how much further it was and we had already taken a few detours. Turns out we had stopped only a couple hundred yards short of the falls! Had we ventured on even twenty more steps down the path, this bridge would have come into view!

Bridge over Lower Falls. The water is low right now; when I was here last October with Ben, I think the water was higher.

The girls joined us on today's hike and had a great time!
One of the boys' favorite parts of the hike is the play structure at the trail head. Baby swings and spinning things are their current preferences. See below.

Luke on the taller spinning contraption.
Logan happy on the lower-to-the-ground version.

Baby Emmelise got in on the playground action today as well by hanging out in one of the baby swings. Cute girl!


Top Burger Drive In. Tasty burgers and shakes!
We've heard about Top Burger for a while now and decided to go find it for lunch after our hike. Turns out it is conveniently located on the same road as the Round Lake parking lot! A quick .7 mile drive down the road landed us at this tasty joint! If you want a juicy burger and chunky shake, Top Burger isn't a bad option! We'll definitely go back!

msh



No comments: