Monday, August 12, 2013

Perks of Working From Home

Homemade tomato basil soup and grilled cheese baguettes
The perks of working from home are many. Among other things, getting to enjoy last night's dinner a second time is a frequent bonus. Suzanna made this really great tomato basil and parmesan soup in the crock pot before church, so when we did finally get home, the house was full of a rich, warm, tasty aroma. She cut up a couple of mini baguettes and grilled them with some cheese to make a really great variation on the classic tomato-soup-and-grilled-cheese combination.

Summer weather calls for summer fun!
Getting to see the boys at play is another great perk of working from home. I'll occasionally take a break for a few minutes to see what they're up to, especially if I know they're at home and they've been kind of quiet. I like to see what things they've gotten in to and what trouble they might be causing. Today Suzanna set up this little inflatable pool for them and two hours later, we finally had to drag them inside for dinner. I caught a minute or two of whatever they were playing and snapped the photo above just after Logan had thrown this truck into the air. Pretty good capture speed on the iPhone, I'd say.

Just another day in the life.

msh

No comments: