You see, last month when we were in Utah, we
paid a visit to Scheel's and while there, I found a white BYU t-shirt that I
really liked and wanted for my birthday. I like to wear a size medium t-shirt
(I probably owe an explanation and some background here, but I'll save that for
another blog post!), but this particular medium was a bit snug. Okay, it was
really snug, especially right around my middle.
My weight has fluctuated since getting married, from the low 170s up to just shy of 200. I've never quite tipped the scales at 200, but last fall when I last took an exam, I was mighty close. I think I was a solid 197-198. After the exam, I vowed to slim back down and was successful in my efforts, taking part in a wellness pilot program at work that stressed balanced eating and moderate exercise (30 minutes six days per week). Simple enough. Over the eight week program, I dropped about 22 pounds and felt much better at about 175.
After the program ended, I didn't stay so diligent (and got kinda busy with a new baby and changing teams at work), and by the time we got back from our trip last month, I was in the high 180s again.
So I made it a goal to slim back down enough to wear this shirt comfortably by the first BYU football game (today). Suzanna and I downloaded the My Fitness Pal app and started simply tracking what we were eating. No special diet or exercise regimen. Just simple tracking of what I put into my body.
I used the app to set a weight loss goal of one pound per week and off I went. Now five and a half weeks later, I'm down 15 pounds, now just under 175.
I tried the shirt on and it fit great! A little tight in the arms and shoulders, but that's probably due to all the push-ups I've been doing (again, another subject for another post). But it fits well around the middle, and I'm glad to have a little more breathing room!
![]() |
| Sporting the new size medium BYU t-shirt! |
So even though BYU lost their season opener, the day was still a personal success for me. Oh, and add to that the tasty shakes from Top Burger and Fun Guy burger from Killer Burger. Not a bad day at all!
Bonus! Look at these great pictures of our little sweetie, Emmelise!
msh



1 comment:
Good job on meeting your goal! MyFitnessPal has served as a second conscience for me, although I have a love/hate relationship with it because it keeps reducing the amount of calories I should consume! (I know my age is to blame more than the app, but still.....)
Emmelise just keeps getting more hair - so cute.
Post a Comment