Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I Love to See the Temple

The Portland Temple has been closed since the end of July for maintenance and cleaning. It reopened this morning, and our Stake asked the Priesthood holders to meet there for the first session at 5:15 a.m. That means I had to get up a little after 4:00 to make it there on time. Driving through Portland in the dark of night was kind of cool, and as I pulled in to the temple parking lot just before 5:00, it was still as dark as the middle of the night.

The Church made a new version of the endowment presentation film, and I learned this morning that this was the first time it was shown at the Portland temple, so it was cool to be part of that experience. I enjoyed the updated version and found that I was engaged probably more than usual.

After the session was over, I was surprised to see that it was already 7:20. I had a meeting on the calendar for 8:00, so I had to hurry home. But before driving away, I snapped a photo of the temple from the parking lot as the morning sun now cast a beautiful morning light on the marble spires. Photo below:

Portland Temple
Even though I've been tired all day from getting up so early, it was nice to get back to the temple. I've got a testimony of the power and importance of the sacred covenants made in the temple and believe that it takes constant diligence and dedication to receive the promised blessings.

I do love to see the temple.

msh

2 comments:

Sean said...

Thanks for sharing this. I almost always feel the spirit more when I go to the temple early in the morning, which is something I haven't done in a while. This was a good reminder.

Mark said...

Glad to hear it Sean! And glad you took the time to comment!

Hope you guys are well!