Friday, August 30, 2013

Needed Cleanup

I used some of the time without the family at home to do a few more things on that honey-why-are-you-so-lazy list! The front section of our yard near the driveway has been an eyesore for some time. When we first moved in, there were a few low scrubby bushes at the front, and a bigger bee-attracting lavender bush in the middle. The rest of the area had some old decomposing bark chips and weeds poking through all over. Over time, I have pulled out those bushes and loads of weeds. We even shoveled up most of the old bark chips. However, since we didn't put anything else down in place of the bushes, we've had tons of weeds growing back up and even the roots of the lavender bush have sent new sprouts to the surface.

I spent a couple hours last night taking out as much of that lavender bush as I could and pulling all the weeds. But this time I had planned ahead and bought some Round Up from The Home Depot as well as eight big bags of brown mulch.

I sprayed the Round Up all over in hopes of preventing more weeds and then I spread the mulch as best I could as the sun was going down. Here is a picture of my work from last night.

The "after" picture!
I wish I had a 'before' picture! Oh, and I felt pleased with my effort, when Suzanna got home and mentioned that she noticed it right away!

msh

No comments: