Tonight, though, I will let it suffice to say that this trip which we took just one week after my ninth birthday, stands out in my memory as one of the most fun, exciting, and cherished experiences I can recall. Five or six days of riding the river and camping with my dad and brother. It was a great time, and I hope to some day revisit the Middle Fork of the Salmon river, perhaps with my own sons, to re-live that week.
Just last month, while visiting Utah for our yearly summer trip back, Mom got me set up with her slide digitizer and a few sheets of slides from that trip. Of course, most of the pictures were of us kids or the other participants or the river since the whole reason we went was for Dad to take photographs for advertising and brochures. But he did show up in a few photos, the best of which I have included below.
This picture makes me happy. Makes me miss Dad more than I usually do and wish I could have recorded him retelling his memories from that week so I'd have more than my few scarce memories. But I have what I can remember, and now I have some photos to go with it. And for that I'm grateful.
msh

1 comment:
Great picture of Dad in his snazzy swim trunks. I'm glad you had that experience with him. What are the memories?
Post a Comment